Dragway 42 is located in West Salem, Ohio and has been around for over 60 years originally opening in 1957. It has undergone a complete ground up renovation and reopened in spring 2017. Dragway 42 is a multi-purpose facility that is host to Drag Racing, Autocross Racing, Tractor & Truck Pulling and Concerts/Music Festivals as well as many other specialty events.
Dragway 42 has undergone a complete renovation from the ground up including:
- Full ¼ mile racing surface consisting of the first 750 feet of track surface concrete and the rest asphalt. The track is 60 feet wide (wall to wall) and 30 feet wide (each lane).
- 4,200 feet of total racing surface. 3,800 feet of racetrack and adequate shutdown area with a 400 foot pea gravel pit at the end in case of emergency.
- Over 750 pit spaces for racers. Grass parking areas with asphalt access roads throughout the pits.
- State of the art amphitheater style seating the entire track length (1,320 feet) with an additional 6,000 bleacher seats (3,000 on each side of the starting line) that were formerly in use at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, FL.
- Control Tower with an additional two suites for guests on the second level.
- Musco Lighting throughout the grounds of the facility.
- Sunoco Racing Fuels on site.
- Handicap accessibility including designated parking areas.
Where Is Dragway 42?
Dragway 42 is in rural Northeastern Ohio, approximately 10 miles southwest of the intersection of Interstates 71 and 76.
The average travel time from nearby major cities is:
Akron – 45 minutes
Downtown Cleveland – 1 hour
Downtown Columbus – 1.5 hours
Toledo – 2 hours
Dayton or Pittsburgh – 2.5 hours
Erie or Cincinnati – 3 hours